Sunday, March 17, 2013

DIY Bird Pictures

Looking for something cute to take up empty wall space? Try this easy DIY craft. I stole this concept from a girl's apartment and decided to try it out for myself.

I got two identical picture frames at a dollar store, found an old book at a discount store, got two pieces of black paper and got to work!

1) The old book pages: I cut out some of the pages from the old book and tilted them this way and that for a scattered look. Then I pasted these onto the cardboard back that was already with the picture frame.

2) The branches and birds: To have a reference for my birds, I Googled "two birds sitting on branches" or something like that. I then put my two pieces of black paper right next to each other and drew my branches and birds onto the paper with pencil. (Note: put a bird on each page and be sure to give yourself some extra branch on the sides because some of it will be covered up by the frame.) I then cut out the branches and birds and pasted them onto the old book pages.

I spaced the pictures out a little bit but not too much to interrupt the eye's flow. I stuck them on top of my oven but they can go anywhere.



1 comment: