Friday, March 22, 2013

DIY Easter Bird Nests


I made these little bird nests last year and they were really cute, quick, and easy. You can get all of these ingredients at a local grocery store:

1 (12 oz.) pkg. chocolate chips
1 (12 oz.) pkg. butterscotch chips
1 lg. can chow mein noodles
Cadbury eggs or Jelly beans

I melted the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips over slow heat (stirring continuously). When that was melted I took it off of the heat and stirred in the chow mein noodles. Then, I covered a cookie sheet with waxed paper and put a spoonful of the chocolate-covered noodles on waxed paper. I shaped these into bird nests and let it cool in the fridge until they were firm. Then, I put three Cadbury eggs in each nest to look like bird eggs. Really fun treat for Easter!

2 comments: