Friday, March 29, 2013

DIY Easter Rice Krispie Flowers

These treats are fun for Easter or any spring day. Here is the short list of ingredients:

1 pkg. mini marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispies
¼ cup butter
Food coloring
Frosting (optional)


 So I could make two different colored rice krispies, I put half of the ingredients in one sauce pan and half in another. I made the rice krispie treats like usual (here is a link to directions: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/marshmallow-treats/) except that before I added the cereal I put yellow food coloring to one of the melted marshmallow mix and blue food coloring in the other. To cut out the flowers it would have been way easier to use a cookie cutter, but I didn’t have one so I had to use a different technique. I drew flowers on paper, cut them out and then traced my knife around the paper flowers.

To make it more aesthetically pleasing I put frosting in the middle of the flowers and drew stems and grass with the rest of the frosting.

It looks so cute we don’t want to eat it J

1 comment: